Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Daily Jankari Current Affairs in Dailyjankari.com. Here we are giving Current Affairs covering important events, which is common for Civil Services, SSC, CDS, Railways, MBA, CLAT, all the bank exams and other state level competitive exams.
1. Which of the following is NOT a function of the Reserve Bank of India?
(a) Fiscal Policy Functions
(b) Exchange Control Functions
(c) Issuance, Exchange and destruction of currency notes
(d) Monetary Authority Functions
(e) Supervisory and Control Functions
2. Which of the following is NOT required for opening a bank account?
(a) Identity Proof
(b) Address Proof
(c) Recent Photographs
(d) Domicile Certificate
(e) None of these
3. With reference to a cheque which of the following is the ‘drawee bank’?
(a) The bank that collects the cheque
(b) The payee’s bank
(c) The endorsee’s bank
(d) The endorser’s bank
(e) The bank upon which the cheque is drawn
4. In which of the following fund transfer mechanisms, can funds be moved from one bank to another an where the transaction is settled instantly without being with any other transaction?
5. Nationalization of banks aimed at all of the following except _________
(a) Provision of adequate credit for agriculture, SME & exports
(b) Removal of control by a few capitalists
(c) Provision of credit to big industries only
(d) Access of banking to masses
(e) Encouragement of a new class of entrepreneurs
6. Base Rate is the rate below which no Bank can allow their lending to anyone. Who sets up this ‘Base Rate’ for Banks?
(c) Individual Banks’ Board
(d) Ministry of Commerce
(e) Ministry of Finance
(g) Interest Rate Commission of India
7. What is a ‘Debit Card’?
(a) It is a card issued by a Rating Agency
(b) It is a card which can be used for withdrawing cash or making payment even in the absence of any balance in the account
(c) It is a card which can be used for withdrawing cash or making payment if there is balance in the account
(d) It is a card which carries prepaid balance
(e) It is a card which can be used for making STD calls
8. Bad advances of a Bank are called :______
(a) Bad debt
(b) Book debt
(c) Non Performing Asset
(d) Out of order accounts
(e) Overdrawn accounts
9. Axis Bank is a ________
(a) Public Sector bank
(b) Private Sector Bank
(c) Co-operative Bank
(d) Foreign Bank
(e) Gramin Bank
10. By increasing repo rate, the economy may observe the following effects: ___________
(a) Rate of interest on loans and advances will be costlier
(b) Industrial output would be affected to an extent
(c) Banks will increase rate of interest on deposits
(d) Industry houses may borrow money from foreign countries
(e) All of these